Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Training

I have a mens 30 and over soccer tournament this June in Washington so I have begun my training for this. I have been playing indoor soccer all winter but even playing twice a week hasn't helped me get in better shape. I'll try to add some video soon of us playing. The indoor matches only last 40 minutes and it is similar to hockey where we will play hard for 3-4 minutes and then sub out for 3-4.
So I decided to start a running program to get some of my endurance back. I'm starting out really slow. I mapped out about a 2 mile route near my home that I will run on days that I don't have a game. My goal right now is to keep my heart rate in between 150-160 bpm. I like to wear a heart rate monitor to track what I do. Yesterday the run took me 20:30 and my average heart rate was 156 bpm. The run wasnt' that hard at all, but it is a start. I plan on doing it again today.

No comments: